Win a Trip for 2 to Thailand
Purchase a new BERNINA 7 or 8 Series anytime from 1 March to 31 December 2016 to go in the draw!
Models included B 720, B 770QE, B 790, B 880 & B 880SE
Promotion Period: 1 March - 31 December 2016
Entry is open only to Australian (excluding Western Australia) residents 18 years or older.
Win a Trip to Thailand - Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect the interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Bernina Australia Pty Limited (ABN 97 003 227 629) of Unit 10, 15 Carrington Road, Castle Hill NSW 2154 (Promoter).
3. The competition commences 12:01am on 1 March 2016 and closes at 11:59pm on 31 December 2016 (Competition Period). All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, NSW, Australia.
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian (excluding Western Australia) residents 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants).
5. All directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies are ineligible to enter.
Entry into the competition
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Competition Period:
Purchase a new Bernina 7 or 8 Series Sewing Machine (models limited to B 720, B 770QE, B 790, B 880 & B 880SE only),
Complete the entry form providing complete and valid contact details including full name, contact phone number and email address,
Post the entry form to the office of the Promoter at Unit 10, 15 Carrington Road, Castle Hill NSW 2154 before the draw takes place.
7. Eligible Entrants will receive 1 (one) entry for every machine purchased. The person who completes the entry form will be the person entered into the competition.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. A random barrel draw will take place at 10:00am on 16 January 2017 at the office of the Promoter where one winner shall be drawn. The draw will be conducted by the Promoter.
10. The Promoter's decision in relation to the result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prize on offer
11. The competition consists of 1 (one) major prize in total. The total prize valued up to AU$5,000, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate between Australia and Thailand at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
The winner will receive a trip to Thailand including:
2 (two) Return Economy Air Ticket departing from the winner’s state international airport to Chiang Mai Thailand via Bangkok
3 (three) Nights 4 Star Accommodation Twinshare
Return airport transfers for 2 (two) person between the Airport and Hotel
12. All travel will be arranged by Travelog Pty Ltd ABN 67 099 078 985 trading as Castle Hill Travel. Castle Hill Travel, Shop 1, 262 Old Northern Road, Castle Hill NSW 2054. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9899 3555.
13. The prize is valued in Australian dollars.
14. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner and their travelling companion at check-in to the accommodation, for all incidental charges.
15. Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking.
16. Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 April 2017. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 31 December 2017. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or to accommodation bookings once the reservation is made, unless agreed by the Promoter.
17. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner and their travelling companion are unable to use the prize as stated. The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. The prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
19. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner and their travelling companion acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter and Castle Hill Travel are not responsible for any acts of God, adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion or any acts of terrorism that may occur whilst the winner and their travelling companion are travelling. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel and to purchase suitable travel insurance. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner and their travelling companion will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
20. Travel arrangements to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s home/s and their departing state international airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner. The travel prize cannot be used as part payment for another airfare package. Frequent flyer points cannot be accrued on this prize. Flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and cannot be exchanged for other destinations. Travel restrictions & blackout dates apply. Bookings are subject to conditions & availability (including but not limited to capacity limitations and other restrictions).
21. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and carrier make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au. Travel insurance is not included in the prize.
Notification of the winner
22. The winner will be notified by email and telephone by Bernina Australia on 16 January 2017 no later than 4:00pm.
23. The name of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website www.bernina.com/en-au and in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper within 2 (two) weeks of the draw.
Judging backup entries
24. As part of draw, the Promoter will randomly select an additional entry to be used as a backup winner in the event that an entrant is unable to satisfy the competition terms and condition or forfeits or does not claim a prize. If the prize remains unclaimed on 13 February at 4:00pm the Promoter will award the prize to the backup winner. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email and telephone on 13 February after 4:00pm.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
25. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage, or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions.
26. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this competition.
27. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Competition Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this competition, the competition of this competition or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Competition Parties.
Entry details and privacy
28. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for competitional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the competition and awarding the prize (including to third parties involved in the competition and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this competition will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement, visit http://www.bernina.com/en-AU/Footer-en-AU/Disclaimer-Pages/Privacy-Policy to obtain a copy.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting the prize. Independent financial advice should be sought prior to accepting the prize.
NSW LTPS/15/09452, ACT TP 16/00157