A quick and simple project packed full with lots to learn.
You will need:
Fabric & notions
Needle & threads
BERNINA machine & accessories
- 1 piece of Ultra Suede 15" x 7" (may need interfacing)
- 1 piece of colorful Lining 15" x 7
- 1 piece of Stabil Stick Stabilizer Tearaway 18" x 11"
- 1 x 5 inch Purse Closure (Brewer)
- Cord for the strap (optional)
We used with the Polysheen or Isacord Thread the colors:
Red 1805, Dark pink 2721, Turquoise 4111, Green 5100, Yellow 506
Reduce the Colors
- Go to the Color palette and select color 3
- Select 0-9 and choose the 1805 (red) Isacord 40
- Go back to the palette and change color 5 and 6 to Isacord 4111 (Turquoise)
- Scroll to 2/2 to color 8 and change it to Isacord 5100 (Green)
- Return to edit
Don't forget to click "select"
- Go to the Embroidery Settings and activate Unit of measurement to inch
- Return to the embroidery setting screen with the "breadcrumbs"
- Activate Thread Away Mode and Invisible Secure, activating at start and end
- Activate Automatic Jump Stitch and set the length to 1mm
- If you aren't sure which icon you need to use, click on the question mark
that the manual cutting after 7 stitches is off as default
Begin the Embroidery
- Go to the sew out screen and ensure that cutting Connectung stitches and Color resequence is activated
- Use the needle up/down button to bring up the bobbin thread just to try
- Begin to embroider stitch the whole design and select the flag on finishing
On this project we will work with the Thread Away Mode because our project is lined and we don't need to worry about trimming the threads on the back.
Make it yours
This is done as a separate exercise to use Pinpoint Positioning a second time, we will now prepare a monogram.
- Select Fonts and Curly Script No. 30 and select 2 capital letters of your choice.
- Reduce the size to about 2 x1 inches
- Select "i", Pinpoint Positioning and the grid
- Select a point on the grid and use the needle to bring the letters into the correct position
- Stitch out the letters in the color of your choice.
Select set after each action. It could change a little in size and that is OK as long as it fits nicely into the space.
And your chick Boho Bag is ready to store your personals! We hope you will have fun doing this item. :)