Spend two days immersed in the B 790 PLUS and discover the amazing features, so you know how to use them when creating your projects. This retreat mixes basic exercises with hands-on sewing and embroidery while you create a collage project that emphasizes the special features of these wonderful machines.
IN THIS HANDS-ON INTRODUCTION
- Learn BERNINA navigation and alter settings to your sewing advantage.
- Create with decorative stitches, including Sideways Motion sewing.
- Create stitches with the Stitch Designer.
- Work with BERNINA Dual Feed.
- Flex your on-screen designing skills with Group/Ungroup & Rearrange tools.
- Embroider with Endless Embroidery.
- Learn perfect placement techniques, including Pinpoint Placement.
This class is considered a beginner-level class; however, you will get the most out of the training if you have a basic idea of how the machine functions.
STUDENT SUPPLY LIST (for students to supply)
- BERNINA Embroidery Machine B 790 PLUS
- Reverse Pattern Foot #1D
- Overlock Foot #2A
- Edgestitch Foot # 10D
- Open Embroidery Foot #20C
- Drop-Shaped Embroidery Foot #26
- Sideways Motion Foot #40C
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator #42
- Walking Foot #50
- Slide-on table
- Stylus for screen
- Large Oval Hoop with template and clips
- Mega Hoop with template and clips
- Straight Stitch Needle Plate - optional
- Isacord or Mettler Polysheen Embroidery Thread (variety of colors)
- Bobbin Thread 60wt (neutral color)
- BERNINA or Schmetz Embroidery Needles, Size 75/11 or 80/12
- Heat Erase Pen or Water Soluble Marking Pen
- Small Ruler 1“ x 6“ or Hem Gauge
- Wonder Clips or Pins
- Thread Snips
- Small trimming scissors
- Maintenance and Care of your machine is an important factor in the performance of your machine. Please have you machine cleaned, oiled and a new needle inserted prior to stitching.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Lecture via GoToWebinar 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM CT
- Live help via email 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT
Live help via virtual office hour sessions with the educator (will be sent before class).
Each class session will be recorded and sent to you at the end of each day so you may re-watch the presentation.
Explore the BERNINA 790 PLUS with BERNINA Educator and Event Specialist, Megann Freese.
Presentations will be active for viewing for one week after the class.
- If the class is full, you can sign up for the waitlist.
- Our event registration system notifies people automatically if a spot opens up.
- Recipients have 4 days to respond after notification or lose the waitlist spot.
Online via GoToWebinar
This class is only available to sewist in the 50 United States.