Sew Powerful Competition
Make 3 Incontinence adult diapers and win with bernette
Participate by making 3 x adult diapers from absorbent fabric such as 100% cotton towelling – an old towel can be used. The diaper must fit an adult person (48cm x 51cm) and must be practical, comfortable and easy to fit and remove. Use cotton lycra for the lining (2-3 layers for lining) and must be fastened with Velcro straps or snaps. Use your own pattern or you can write to email@example.com with a request to send you a suggested pattern. BERNINA RSA have assisted in making these cloth diapers for Woodside Sanctuary for some years now, and the towelling material is the best to use for these nappies. At Woodside they use industrial washers and tumble driers with high heat settings and the towelling material has proven to be very durable. The diapers are to be used randomly in a facility with about 150 plus residents. The cotton lycra is also softer on the body. You need to keep in mind that diapers for babies and diapers for adults are very different. Babies are much more
active than adults with incontinence problems or people with disabilities. The reason why BERNINA decided to use towelling is that the material is not that expensive and most of the participants (public) can afford the towelling and cotton lycra material, whereas other materials might work better, but they are also very expensive. And the reason we decided to use velcro - remember most of these recipients are bed ridden or in wheelchairs all day long, and buttons and/or snaps might hurt their fragile skin. But if you choose to use snaps, you will not be penalized for it. We trust you understand the reasoning behind choosing the criteria we did while keeping in mind who the ultimate users of these products are going to be.
Enjoy our competition and remember we want as many sewers as possible to participate in this heart-warming campaign.
- bernette b38 sewing machine (R12,250) + bernette Funlock b44 Overlocker (R9,250) – value of combo R21,500
- bernette b35 sewing machine (R5,940) + bernette Funlock b44 Overlocker (R9,250) – value of combo R15,190
- bernette b33 sewing machine valued @ R4,950
- You can enter more than once.
- All entries must be handed in at a BERNINA shop or send directly to BERNINA RSA via PostNet to PostNet Melville. To reach BERNINA no later than October 13, 2017.
- All entries will be donated to Woodside Sanctuary.
- Closing date: 30 September 2017.
- Winners to be announced 3rd week October 2017.
*Download the entry form as well as the diaper pattern to enter.
*Please also visit Woodside Santuary on: http://www.woodside.co.za