Sea lovers will love this skirt
Time to Complete
- Transfer markings from pattern to the fabric
- Fuse interfacing to one piece of the waistband to become the facing piece.
- Neaten all side and the center back edges
- Embroider the compass rose on the left of the front piece 7 cm above the hem.
- Stitch the darts in the waistband
- Neaten the waistband facing
- Attach a waistband and the facing together on the top edge with right sides together and a 1 cm seam allowance.
- Trim the seam allowance back to 5 mm, press seams towards interfacing and edgestitch with foot no.10, 2 positions to the left on the interfacing side. Press the seam to be invisible from the right side.
- Insert in the back an invisible zipper with zipper foot no.35
- Sew the side seams of the skirt
- Sew the back seam from the bottom up to the zipper and reinforce
- Turn over the facing right sides together and stitch down the zipper seam on both sides
- Trim the corner and turn through
- Optionally attach a hook and an eye above the zipper
- Neaten the hem
- Attach two ribbons or small cords 3 and 5 cm above the hem, and every 18 cm a create figure of eight – knot effect.
- Depending on the ribbon/cord use the bulky overlock foot no.12 piping foot no.38 or the double-cord foot no.59.
- Fold up the hem 1cm and Topstitch