- The download and installation may take a while because of the size of the newly integrated Corel Version.
- During installation, the previous CorelDRAW Essentials X6 will be replaced by the new CorelDRAW Graphics Suite SE.
- Makes sure that no other software is running, when starting the installation.
- Without internet connection, installation will not start.
Step 1: Prepare your computer
First, make sure to have Administrator Rights and Internet Connection.
Second, update your Windows operating system, Internet Explorer and Adobe Reader.
Minimum System Requirements
Before V8.0K: Intel Core 2 Duo, Internet Explorer 9
Now V8.0T R2: Intel Core i3/5/7, Internet Explorer 11
Disable user account control (UAC) to allow the Corel to put a key into the Windows registry during installation.
- Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.
- Click Change User Account Control Settings in the search results.
- Then disable UAC for the installation temporarily by dragging the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
- You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
- Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.
Use Internet Explorer 11 as standard browser. Set security settings to medium so the download is not blocked.
In Internet Explorer 11 go to: Extras (Alt X) > Internet Options (t) > Security tab and set the security level to medium-high.
Continue with Step 2
If not already done, put the BERNINA folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\BERNINA) in the exception or exclusion list of your antivirus software. The support pages explain how this works, for example AVG https://support.avg.com/. For Norton, BERNINA folder must be put in both Scan and Sonar exclusion list. Refer to https://support.symantec.com/