- Heavy tear-away stabilizer to fit hoop
- And as backing for decorative stitching
- Cotton batting 2 x 20” x 20” (51 x 51cm)
- Piping cord ½” x 6 ft (180cm)
- Cushion inner – 18” x 18”
- Zipper 19”
- Needles – SUK 80 for embroidery
- Quilting needle 80 for piecing and quilting.
- 505 Spray
- Spray starch
- Pins and wonderclips
- Self threading hand needle
- Wash away marker
- Mettler Isacord or Poly sheen colors for unicorn embroidery
- Contrasting embroidery threads for decorative stitching
- Mettler silk finish for quilting
- Mettler bobbinfil
- Mettler Metrosene to sew the project together.
I like to starch my cotton fabrics before I cut. Press as you go and neaten threads away to the back using a self-threading hand needle and tie them off.
So there is no panel matching, is it best to insert the zipper on the lower edge.
- Pin the zipper to the panel right sides together attach the Zipper Foot #4D and engage dual feed, needle position far left. Sew the length of the zipper, secure well at both ends.
- Fold over the zipper edge ¾” (2cm) and pin once again so the flap overlaps 1/8” (3mm) over one side of the zipper tape. Needle position 4 right and use the 5/8” (1.5cm) marking on the stitch plate as a guide. Stitch the flap. The remaining zipper tape becomes the edge of the panel. Close the zipper.