Instructions for a cool sailor blouse
You will need
The download cut includes 3 cut variations, the sailor blouse and two more, all from the Inspiration Special Fashion Basics from 2016. The red lines apply to the sailor blouse.
- Press interfacing on all required pieces
- Neaten all side seams, also sleeves
- Up to size. 42: stitch the bust darts.
- Close side and shoulder seams.
- Stitch the facing pieces together and neaten the outside edge.
- Attach the facing to the blouse right sides together with a 1 cm seam allowance. Trim the seam allowance back to 5 mm, press seams towards interfacing and edgestitch with foot no. 10/ 10C, 2 positions to the left on the interfacing.
- Stitch the buttonholes on the left and attach the buttons on the right side of the back.
- Optional stitch two rows of a longer stitch length on the armhole for easing the sleeve into the armhole.
- Stitch the sleeve seams.
- Stitch the sleeves into the blouse- matching the notches.
- Neaten the sleeve and blouse hem.
- Press the sleeve and the blouse hem up 2 cm. Topstitch the sleeves with a decorative stitch.
- Topstitch the hem with a straight stitch and add a couple of decorative boats (stitch no. 950)